Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#176 07/29/09 11:07

Iritscen

Re: Anniversary Edition Release! (2009-07)

I've been fighting a lot of TCTF SWAT and Black Ops in the last couple days (on Hard with Upgraded ONCCs and Andrashi System), and they're already pretty tough!  In fact I was surprised at how often they were throwing me, and blocking frequency seemed to be set pretty high too.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#177 07/29/09 11:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

yeah they are pretty tough now but I want them to be a bit of major enemies smile
Anyway I'm waiting for those upgrades (especialy taunting)

Errors in dev mode:
http://img401.imageshack.us/i/error01.png/

Edit:
Eventually I can help to work on all AIs to be damn hard :]

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (07/29/09 12:07)

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#178 07/29/09 12:07

Gumby

All 3 of those are normal

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#179 07/29/09 13:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

I found something odd. Press - kick+kick+foreward while playing as balck ops :] Also this creates a nice combo punch+punch+kick+kick+(kick+forward)+(kick+forward) :]

Also:
Scrip idea:
End battle dosen't end when Muro dies. Instead random enemies keep coming out (sometimes reinforcements) and every 2-3 enemies there is a hyp drop. Pleas. Do it. I'd sell my sould for it.
Also:
@love_Oni
Good job! Still I'm wating impatiently for the updates :3

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (07/29/09 13:07)

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#180 07/29/09 23:07

MrRoivas

Installer doesn't work. Simply says when I try "This application has failed to start because application configuration is incorrect."

Last edited by MrRoivas (07/30/09 00:07)

#181 07/30/09 06:07

love_Oni

Ire Yosuke wrote:

I found something odd. Press - kick+kick+foreward while playing as balck ops :] Also this creates a nice combo punch+punch+kick+kick+(kick+forward)+(kick+forward) :]

Actually I did add the move kick, kick, kick+fw to them. Glad that you found it.
In the next update, I will add something more for them. wink
Just wait.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#182 07/30/09 11:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

I shall :3
Really, I feel like a little kid getting his candy thanks to love_Oni smile

#183 07/31/09 00:07

love_Oni

@Ire: Have you read my previous post? I have been waiting for your reply recently but you haven't answered.

And since that you are a writer, have looked at this topictongue

#184 07/31/09 01:07

Ire Yosuke
Website

@love_Oni

1. Ok, so we'll work on the AI, also black ops should ion axe plenty since it's a pretty good move.
2. Slow kicks , let's leave it as it is, after another day of testing it dosen't seem to be that bad.
3. Yeah they definitly need to have their back throws fixed so they can make throws for running and stunned opponent.
4. Healh, just a lil more. So that they can take that one extra punch.
5. Lion axe sound bug - Well, I'll live through it.
6. Taunts: Well just check how Konoko has her random taunts done, cope the pattern and change file names (sound).
7. - 10 dmg would do fine smile
8. Neck snap power should be increased to match Konokos back braker
9 Big Thanks big_smile

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (07/31/09 02:07)

#185 07/31/09 09:07

Iritscen

You mention the Backbreaker, but that's a two-hit move, and its power varies wildly between vanilla Oni and in Loser's melee mod.  Perhaps it would make more sense to compare it to Muro's neck-snap move, and make it not quite as powerful (since, after all, Muro > all mooks, even elite ones).

To come back to Konoko for a moment, her Backbreaker is (IIRC) 50% as powerful in the Andrashi system.  It was intentionally lowered to balance the game out a bit, but I think it went too low, and I have been planning to ask what people think about taking it up to 75% of the original damage.  That way, stealth is more rewarding.

Also, am I the only one who feels like he has a poor grasp of the big picture when it comes to attack damage values?  Is there any easy way to see a chart of current damage values for all character's attack moves, love_Oni?

#186 07/31/09 12:07

Leus
Website

I've always liked the sledgehammer heel, but I only recently realized that the triple hit haymaker is way easier to pull off.

Edit:  Not quite sure why I just posted this.  Oh well.

Last edited by Leus (07/31/09 12:07)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#187 07/31/09 13:07

Iritscen

Well, it's actually somewhat relevant because Loser noticed that the THH did more damage than the SHH even though THH is easier to perform and easier to land (which is what some of us in gaming call a "cheese" move).  I believe he lowered the damage of THH or raised SHH.  Anyway, I am quite interested in hearing answers to my previous two questions -- what damage should Backbreaker do, and can we get a chart of damage?

#188 07/31/09 13:07

3llense'g

Iritscen wrote:

Well, it's actually somewhat relevant because Loser noticed that the THH did more damage than the SHH even though THH is easier to perform and easier to land (which is what some of us in gaming call a "cheese" move).  I believe he lowered the damage of THH or raised SHH.  Anyway, I am quite interested in hearing answers to my previous two questions -- what damage should Backbreaker do, and can we get a chart of damage?

Link from the wiki:
http://zdlo.oni2.net/Items/Table_of_damage_dealt.htm

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#189 07/31/09 15:07

Iritscen

Oh, thanks, I don't remember seeing that bafore!  Shoulda researched before asking (although I did want to see the data on the Andrashi system too...).  Hmm, I will have to pore over this....

#190 08/01/09 23:08

EdT
Website

Request: I noticed at times if there is something wrong with the package, or the files inside it, the installer will still go through the install process.  However, the level0_Final files are not created.  Is there a way for an error message to appear?

#191 08/02/09 00:08

Gumby

Yeah, im going to add a check to see if the dats are created or not.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#192 08/05/09 07:08

love_Oni

Hey I'm trying to do mod now but looks like I got stuck in this

Ire Yosuke wrote:

Change the taunt from one (Turn yourself in) to more random ones (like Konoko) from the TCTF ealites (Pathetic, No escape, Justice is done etc.)

That is what he requested me. He means he wants the TCTF black ops to have more taunt sounds. I tried to modify that but no luck. So does any of you guys know the way to do that?

This is what I tried:
  -Extract "TRAMTCTCOMtaunt1.oni" as .xml and search for animation's sound. Found nothing.

-Extract "TRAMKONCOMtaunt1.oni" and "TRAMKONCOMtaunt2.oni" as .xml and compare to the one above. Found nothing different.

-Open "level0_Sound" folder and search for the file "taunt" or something but I found nothing.

#193 08/05/09 07:08

paradox-01

ONCC holds link to taunt sounds. Track down OSBD (grp). That's all I can tell you.

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/05/09 07:08)

#194 08/05/09 09:08

love_Oni

Thank you. I got some clues.

#195 08/06/09 09:08

love_Oni

@Ire: I have finished the mod package for the TCTF blackops. Put the folder "98000MTCS" into packages folder and delete the old package "52100MTCS". Also, put the two ONCC files into "21000UpgragedONCCs\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters" folder.

#196 08/06/09 10:08

EdT
Website

love_Oni can you also make a post of your 9800MTCS package on this thread and any other package that you will make on this thread:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1047

I would like to have one thread where all the user created packages can be found, even though they are discussed elsewhere.

#197 08/06/09 11:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

So what are the changes in this update smile?
Also:
Taunt's seem to be unafected
Black ops AI no longer makes punch+punch+punch combos.
No Lion axe for Black Ops (AI)
AI dosen't use the knee in face throw
AI dosent use the "kick" for standing up (Note: Striker AI does.)

Major improvements noticed:
Stunned can now be neck snapped
Black Ops AI rolls into your feetvery often big_smile
Black Ops AI certainly makes more throws, even the run throw smile

Suggested combos:
Kick+punch+punch+punch
running throw + roll
kick+kick+punch+punch+punch
punch+punch+kick+kick+throw
lion axe+throw
lion punch (standing up + kick) + secoundary throw (knee to face)

Last edited by Ire Yosuke (08/06/09 17:08)

#198 08/07/09 12:08

love_Oni

Taunt seems to be unaffected? You mean the taunt's sound doesn't change at all? Nope. It should play other taunt's sound.

Ire Yosuke wrote:

Black ops AI no longer makes punch+punch+punch combos.
No Lion axe for Black Ops (AI)
AI dosent use the "kick" for standing up (Note: Striker AI does.)

Why not? Sometimes they do, but not very often. You can use this script to give a try.

"AI dosen't use the knee in face throw"
Well, I think it shouldn't, butt-kick should be used by player only. In fact, I don't know how to add a new combat tactic for AI, I can only replace one by another one.

About the irregular combos, I think they shouldn't be made into combat tactics. There are some reasons:
1- A character performs a combo repeatedly will make the game boring. Why so? Imagine that you attempt to block a Lion Axe, you get hit, and get stagger. What will you think next? "Oh no, I got hit by a Lion Axe. What can I do now? I'm going to be thrown". Hm... that's bad. (By the way, do want to listen to some musicsmile )

2- Irregular combo will not work in all situations. For example, a black ops performs Lion Axe, a character get hit, and knock down. How can the black ops perform throw next? Hm...  Another one, running push throw won't work with Konoko, because with the long distance between her and the black ops afetr the throw, she has enough time to get up and avoids the rolling slide, even has a chance to make a counterattack.

3- If irregular combo like ppkkk, kkppp... is made into combat tactic then the character must play the whole combo even if the opponent has escaped and gone out of the combo range. For example, your enemy makes a punch, you block it, you roll to his back, then you are going to back-break him while he is still *busy* to perform the rest of the combo, since the rest of a combo usually takes long time to finish.

So... what should we do? Actually I broke AI's ppp and kkk combo so it can play various irregular combos itself (I mean "break" is to let them interrupt the combo to do other moves). But don't worry, that doesn't mean AI can't do a whole ppp or kkk combo, but also make more combos itself, even combos like p-p-k forward, p-kick down, kk-throw... See video: here, here

Can you see the different? See how many improvements you can count on those video.  smile

Last edited by love_Oni (08/07/09 12:08)

#199 08/07/09 12:08

Ire Yosuke
Website

yeah! The AI testing rocks. Let's leave it at this.
Still. Taunts sad

#200 08/07/09 13:08

paradox-01

Maybe you forgot a file in the package, love_Oni? You could try to install a second copy of oni on your pc and test your stuff there to see if it really everything shipped.

Board footer